Tuesday, July 26, 2011

A Couple of Weeks Can Feel Like a Couple of Years

Seems to me that sometimes Life comes along & smacks you upside the head.  And though at the moment it seems pointless, after you've done shaking off the blow, your eyes begin to clear & you get the reason why.
I think this has been the case for me. But it's happening in sloooooow motion. 
It's a bit like watching a glass fall from a counter. Knowing it's going to shatter, seeing the length it has to travel to get to the floor, the eyes drinking in the dancing twisting motion of the glass's descent (like that of a diver's discourse with the air passed through toward the water below). Yet nothing can be done. The body can't respond to what the eye sees. 
A flash. An eternity.
 I am still waiting for that glass to hit the floor.


Recently, I lost my job of 5 years & even more recently, I lost 8 cats due to a major screw-up  made while my house was being tented for termites. 
Like I needed the termites, too.
It could be very easy to be bitter, to lash out the "Oh, why me?" 's. But I can't. 
It was my turn.
I avoid reading or watching the news more than a lot of people. It's always too heartbreaking for me. But I know the amount of pain "out there" is far greater than mine.
Right now, though I hurt from recent setbacks, I am trying to find that clarity as I repeatedly shake off the blows.


To be con' t. 
This was my first attempt at setting up a Blog, still not sure of what I'm doing here- besides the Venting aspect!


Next: The Glass Hits the Floor





No comments:

Post a Comment